Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Baby-ccino

I just realized I mentioned Owen's baby-ccino in a previous post but didn't describe it to the poor uninitiated among you.  Let me help (as a neophyte myself, it's my duty) - a baby-ccino is what you get for your child at a cafe when he or she is old enough to understand that an espresso beverage is something of very high importance and a bringer of great pleasure, but is not yet old enough for a latte or even a hot chocolate.  It's just foamed milk (often just foam - no liquid milk at all) with a dash of cocoa powder on top.  It's how cafes get your kids addicted to the experience of going for your daily cuppa.  And, diabolically, they're often free.  And, of course, Owen learned the word immediately, and asks for one regularly.  I can't really blame him - hanging out in a cafe and enjoying a good latte (although here a flat white is my drink of choice) is one of life's great pleasures, IMHO.







No comments:

Post a Comment