Monday, June 18, 2012

Busking

I bought 2 little soprano ukuleles for Owen and me, since I've wanted to learn and Owen is fascinated by string instruments in general (all generically called banjos in Owen-speak).  I also fantasize about starting a father-son ukulele band.  Owen and I get our inspiration from this guy:



There's a great open-air market in Hobart on Saturdays, and we often go for breakfast and to shop for fruit and veg.  (Yes, that's what you should call it here.)  There are plenty of buskers throughout the market, and Owen enjoys watching them and giving them coins (he no longer takes coins OUT of their hats/cases/etc, which is a relief).  So Owen often sits on the floor to play ukulele with a pan or box in front of him, and sometimes asks for coins after playing and singing.  I didn't catch him asking, but here he is, making a living the best he can:



No comments:

Post a Comment